Rich Taylor's success spans a broad range of roles, including live entertainment corporate executive, accomplished producer, college dean and servant leader. The first decade of his entertainment career was spent performing, producing, directing, marketing and teaching for famed music and show business pioneer, Fred Waring and his Pennsylvanians.
He then joined Walt Disney Entertainment and for the next 27 years advanced through a myriad of executive leadership positions including head of creative development, talent casting, special events, Director of Entertainment for Disneyland Paris, and Corporate Director of Communication, Planning and Administration. For 10 years, he served as Vice President of Disney Creative Entertainment & Costuming, leading the the team and cast of nearly 5,000 performers and entertainment professionals. Rich was the executive responsible for the creation of countless Disney parades, shows, marketing events, spectaculars and special events that continue to make memories for millions of people.
Recently, Rich spent eight successful years as Dean of the College of Fine Arts at the University of Oklahoma, of which he was a Distinguished Graduate and Regents Alumni Award recipient. As dean and tenured professor of Musical Theatre, he created the vision, initiated positive change and led the academic and operational teams for the five Schools of Art & Art History, Dance, Drama, Music and Musical Theatre. He led and coordinated the education of 1200 talented students, supervising over 180 world class faculty and staff. The OU Schools of Dance and Musical Theatre rank in the top 3 nationally. During his tenure, he raised millions of dollars in support for the OU College of Fine Arts through donor development and relationships.
As Executive Producer of OU University Theatre, Rich was instrumental in re-designing, refining and streamlining the production and marketing process and departments for the college. He oversaw, revamped and coordinated the annual production of over 350 Musical Theatre, Opera, Ballet, Modern Dance and Drama presentations.
Now back in Central Florida full-time, Rich is imagining his latest chapter. In addition to Rich Imagination, he is a semi-professional photographer, former adjunct professor at the University of Central Florida Rosen College of Hospitality Management and on the advisory board to craft the new Entertainment Management degree program.
awards and boards
Present & Past
- University of Central Florida/Rosen College Entertainment Management Degree Program Advisory Council
- Official “Oklahoma Creativity Ambassador” by Governor Mary Fallin in 2012
- Creative Oklahoma, Chairman
- National Association for Music Education, Lowell Mason Fellow Award
- Media Fellowship Internationalʼs Ambassador Award.
- Music Educators National Conference Advisory Board
- Two time judge of the Miss America in Atlantic City
- The Florida State University School of Motion Picture, Television and Recording
- Fred Waringʼs America at Penn State
- Orlando Ballet, Orlando Opera
- Oklahoma City Allied Arts Entertainment
- Oklahoma Arts Institute Board